Conservation Week Wairarapa Photo Competition
The theme of Conservation Week this year is ‘Take a Moment for Nature’. The great thing about nature is that it can be enjoyed at home or in your local neighborhood no matter what COVID-19 Alert Level it is – and research has shown health and wellbeing improves when we get outside.
So, Wairarapa get your cameras recording your precious moments outdoors this Conservation Week and be in to win some cool prizes, including:
- $100 and $50 Prezzy cards
- Children’s books
- Family passes to Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre
- One night’s accommodation at Te Kopi Lodge
- A day with a DOC Ranger
Entering is easy. Check out our Facebook post and simply upload your photo (or video) with or without a comment (your image may speak for itself 😉).
Prizes will be awarded for entries that demonstrate a connection with nature – whether it’s discovering a bug, checking a trap, planting a tree or simply enjoying a walk with your family. Bonus prizes will be awarded for entries that amuse the judges!
Read our full terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all ages
- There is no limit on the number of times you can enter
- Entries must be the original content of the person entering
- Only entries from New Zealand residents will be considered for a prize
- Only images or videos showing engagement or interaction with nature will be considered
- We reserve the right to remove any entries that may not be appropriate for the theme ‘take a moment for nature’
- Only entries posted on the original WaiP2K competition post will be considered
- DOC staff and their families may post relevant photos or videos but they are not eligible for a prize
- Entry is available until 11.59pm Sunday 12 September
- Winners will be notified by Facebook comment on their entry. They must respond to this message within one week to receive their prize
- Entries may be showcased on DOC and WaiP2K digital channels and used for future promotional material. You will be credited wherever possible
- The judges’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The winner of the ‘Day with a DOC Ranger’ prize will need to be accompanied by a parent if they are under 16
Conservation Week in the Wairarapa is supported by:
Wairarapa Pūkaha to Kawakawa Alliance | Department of Conservation – Masterton Office | Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre | Masterton District Council | Carterton District Council | South Wairarapa District Council | Greater Wellington Regional Council | Enviroschools – Wairarapa | Wairarapa Earth School